How do I properly maintain sod?
WATERING – Water your new grass immediately after installation.
- To check your water level, pull back the corner of the sod piece. The underlying soil should be very moist.
- Make sure water is getting to all areas of your lawn.
- Edges along asphalt and concrete, corners, areas near buildings, as well as places on top of embankments and mounds often dry out fastest.
- At first, water daily or more often, keeping sod moist until it is firmly rooted (about 2 weeks). Later, depending on weather conditions, water less frequently but enough so that water will penetrate deeper into the root zone.
- Water as early in the morning as possible to avoid evaporation due to sun and wind.